Logo Design

Topics: General Discussion, UI Development
Developer
May 13, 2012 at 2:38 AM
Edited May 13, 2012 at 2:39 AM

I have been working in Inkscape to create a temp logo for the project. The font is the commercially applicable Sofia Pro from FontSpring

Download the Inkscape SVG here! Feedback, revisions, and criticism welcome :)

EDIT: This is my first work ever made in Vector format

May 13, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Looks pretty good to me. The only thing I'm concerned about is that it's kind of hard to tell that the iris in the middle is, well, an iris at first glance. You may want to consider making that stand out more. Other than that, I think it looks great.

Coordinator
May 13, 2012 at 7:46 AM

That is absolutely amazing! I am definitely going to use that :D
-Aurora

vibbix <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

(I will post this to UI Devlopment as well)

I have been working in Inkscape to create a temp logo for the project. The font is the commercially applicable Sofia Pro from FontSpring.

Download the Inkscape SVG here! Feedback, revisions, and criticism welcome :)

Coordinator
May 13, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Could you convert it to PNG please? I seem to be having problems with it...

Developer
May 13, 2012 at 4:16 PM

It already is in PNG, that's what the image is... The link however is SVG... It took me about an hour to do, I never used Inkscape for any type of project before this...

Developer
May 13, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I should mention the I styled the logo to look like a monocle(hence the frame and black strand. The iris was meant to pertain the name,

Coordinator
May 13, 2012 at 5:16 PM
vibbix wrote:

I should mention the I styled the logo to look like a monocle(hence the frame and black strand. The iris was meant to pertain the name,

Nice... You might want to adjust it, because it doesn't scale down very well ;)

Developer
May 13, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I am working currently on UI design and a splash screen. I will have those done mid-week(wednsday-ish)

Coordinator
May 13, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Great! I'm looking forward to those ;)

I am working currently on UI design and a splash screen. I will have those done mid-week(wednsday-ish)
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ocular@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email ocular@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
May 14, 2012 at 4:27 AM

I'm blown away but the great work here! @Vibbix: Great job! The UI is supposed to follow Dreamweaver's very closely. Please keep that in mind. A color scheme similar to that of Expression Web's was discussed as  a potential. @Aurora01: You are doing great!

Coordinator
May 14, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Nick, it doesn't have to follow dreamweaver exactly, just be similar.

cowboynick <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I'm blown away but the great work here! @Vibbix: Great job! The UI is supposed to follow Dreamweaver's very closely. Please keep that in mind. A color scheme similar to that of Expression Web's was discussed as a potential. @Aurora01: You are doing great!

May 14, 2012 at 1:41 PM

True. It does not have to be exact, but it should be very close. If we want it to appeal to Dreamweaver Users, than we'll need to use a similar layout. That is my one complaint with the GIMP. It is as powerful or more powerful than photoshop, but the layout is completely different.

Coordinator
May 14, 2012 at 3:43 PM

That's because GIMP didn't want to clone DreamWeaver, they wanted to be original. ;)

Developer
May 16, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Right now, my UI is a modifcation of my earlier variant of Adobe's Proto... The Design is completely separate from there's, looks completely different, and has broader functions. I don't want it to look like a clone(Plus it's my B-Day today so I have been busy this week) of their design, and its only a sketching program with JavaScript and HTML (so it can be used in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc.). I will see if I can finish it up by the end of the week...

Coordinator
May 16, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Great! I look forward to seeing your progress! Happy birthday by the way!

Right now, my UI is a modifcation of my earlier variant of Adobe's Proto... The Design is completely separate from there's, looks completely different, and has broader functions. I don't want it to look like a clone(Plus it's my B-Day today so I have been busy this week) of their design, and its only a sketching program with JavaScript and HTML (so it can be used in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc.). I will see if I can finish it up by the end of the week...