Attention all potential developers

Topics: Development, General Discussion, UI Development
Coordinator
May 12, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Hello, since I have had many requests via codeplex to join, could you please post here and discuss how you could help? Thanks!

Developer
May 12, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I can help with desing and functions.

Coordinator
May 12, 2012 at 6:08 PM
FrewCen wrote:

I can help with desing and functions.

Great! We're currently designing Ocular on IRC, so feel free to join!

-Aurora

Developer
May 12, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Where can I join IRC channel? I cannot find it here....

Coordinator
May 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Edited May 13, 2012 at 8:40 AM
FrewCen wrote:

Where can I join IRC channel? I cannot find it here....

Join #ocular on irc.freenode.net. If you are unfamiliar with IRC, use webchat.freenode.net

May 12, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I can help with pretty much anything, but the design looks like it has more than enough people on it so I can work on other aspects once we've got the skeletons up.

Developer
May 13, 2012 at 7:15 PM

I can contribute as both a C# developer and technical writer. If you happen to run into any snags in the design phase, I could help you sort those out as well.

I may drop in on your IRC sometime in the next couple of days to check in and say hi. Any time(s) when it's most active?

Coordinator
May 13, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Edited May 13, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Thanks for your interest! I will add you as a developer as soon as possible, while you are waiting, please take a look at out to do list.

It will probably be active around 3:30PM GMT tomorrow, or you could come now ;)

May 16, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I am a C# Developer and I can contribute on pretty much everything. I checked your to do list and I can do testing and development too.

Coordinator
May 16, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Great! Please take a look at our source and get familiar with it. Thanks!
Developer
May 17, 2012 at 2:36 AM
Edited May 17, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Sorry I haven't posted my request to join since I posted on Devatan (AP Exams and all). Anyway, mind if I join. I was actually working on a Dreamweaver alternative, but I lost interest since I wasn't exactly adding anything new. I still have the source to add to Ocular though.

Besides that, I'm have time to test it and can work with the gecko web controls.

Coordinator
May 17, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Great! I'm sure you can help us with Ocular!

Lomeli12 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Sorry I haven't posted my request to join since I posted on Devatan (AP Exams and all). Anyway, mind if I join. I was actually working on a Dreamweaver alternative, but I lost interest since I wasn't exactly adding anything new. I still have the source to add to Ocular though.

May 27, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I'm not a coder but would be willing to test out Ocular as and when. And I am always willing to provide feedback on the user experience. Just send me the download link when it becomes available.

Coordinator
May 27, 2012 at 7:22 PM
>I'm not a coder but would be willing to test out Ocular as and when. And I am always willing to provide feedback on the user experience. Just send me the download link when it becomes available.
Thanks for your interest in Ocular! I will send you the link as soon as it's available ;)
-Aurora
Jul 12, 2012 at 11:57 PM

If you're still looking for coders I am one =D

Trying to improve my c# with projects like this.

Coordinator
Jul 13, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Currently we really need designers; are you any good with that?

Jul 13, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I have no real experience with design, sorry.

The best I can do is stick figures.

Coordinator
Jul 13, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Not drawing design, UI design xD. Anyway if you can't, I will contact the other designer ;)
Developer
Jul 14, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Hello Mate,

I can do C# coding, and little bit UI also.

Jul 14, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I would consider myself a junior programmer but have had alot of experience in QA.  

Let me know if I would be of any use!

Thanks

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:25 AM

count me in for c# ,  automated tests :)

Coordinator
Jul 17, 2012 at 4:17 PM
phani_mangipudi wrote:

Hello Mate,

I can do C# coding, and little bit UI also.

If you could do a bit of UI design, you would allow us to start the project, so please, do!

Coordinator
Jul 17, 2012 at 4:18 PM
rperneel wrote:

I would consider myself a junior programmer but have had alot of experience in QA.  

Let me know if I would be of any use!

Thanks

Yep, you would be a great help, also if you want you can help with documentation.

Aug 22, 2012 at 7:24 AM

I don't have any Industry experience but can write C# Code maintaining standards.

So count me for C#.

Developer
Nov 14, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I didn't see this last time, so thought I would answer now. I'm a ASP.NET / C# developer, so I can help out with any C# development, and can help with development of a site for it!

Dec 10, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Hi 

I can help with C#, SQL and automated tests

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2012 at 3:49 PM

We're still waiting for a GUI, so if anyone helps with that, other people will be able to help.

Dec 10, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Hi I can help with GUI as well, maybe if you can schedule a skype meeting 3hours from now.

my skype id is : mohit123narang

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I don't use skype, only IRC. webchat.thedevforum.com and join the channel #ocular, if that's OK with you.

Developer
Feb 25, 2013 at 5:29 PM
hey guys i can help with VB.NET and HTML/CSS:)
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Hello, are you able to code in C#, too? If not, the best task for you probably would be designing templates for sites using Ocular to use.
Developer
Feb 26, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Edited Feb 26, 2013 at 3:44 PM
i cant code in c#, but designing templates using Ocular sounds fine to me:)
and i can be tester for Ocular, so put me in testing:)
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Testing might be a while (probably at least a couple of months) but templates are fine to start designing now. Ideally we want pages that could be reused by many sites, in HTML5 and CSS3 where it's needed. Also some templates for HTML4.01 and CSS2 might be good.
Thanks,
Aurora
Developer
Feb 26, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Edited Feb 26, 2013 at 10:03 PM
okay, but when can we design in Ocular ? when will first version of app will be avaiable for us-developers?
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2013 at 5:42 PM
First the UI will need to be completed (probably at least two weeks), then stuff needs coding up (probably about a month, maybe more).
Developer
Feb 26, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Edited Feb 26, 2013 at 10:02 PM
okay, aurora01 you're the boss, right?:D
you can contact me via ukachar@windowslive.com (or via Google+ https://plus.google.com/118329502014774291176/) if you want some of my help or something, fell free to send me a message:)
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2013 at 8:27 AM
I'll send a mesage when Ocular is ready, then.
Developer
Feb 27, 2013 at 2:19 PM
okay:)
Mar 2, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Edited Mar 2, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Interested in joining.
Regards,
Yasser Shaikh
Coordinator
Mar 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Any details which could be useful to us like experience? Particularly, we are interested in C# skills and/or HTML skills.
Mar 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM
I am an ASP.NET MVC developer, having around 2.5 years of total experience,

I do have a strong understanding and experience in C# and I think i am pretty good with HTML, CSS and jquery.

You can check my open source projects on codeplex are
I also have a blog at www.yassershaikh.com and my stackoverflow account is : http://stackoverflow.com/users/1182982/yasser

Hope this information is enough,

Mail : yasser.s@outlook.com and yrshaikh.mail@gmail.com
Mar 2, 2013 at 5:30 PM
I am an ASP.NET MVC developer, having around 2.5 years of total experience,

I do have a strong understanding and experience in C# and I think i am pretty good with HTML, CSS and jquery.

You can check my open source projects on codeplex are
I also have a blog at www.yassershaikh.com and my stackoverflow account is : http://stackoverflow.com/users/1182982/yasser

Hope this information is enough,

Mail : yasser.s@outlook.com and yrshaikh.mail@gmail.com
Coordinator
Mar 2, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Alright, if you're interested, you could add syntax highlighting rules, see http://ocular.codeplex.com/workitem/5
Developer
Apr 2, 2013 at 11:00 PM
this can help with this program very well!!!
Check it out--> Here
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Hi, although your project seems useful, it won't be compatible with Ocular, Ocular is C# only.
Developer
Apr 14, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Hi,

I have 2.5 yrs of experience in developing applications using Sitecore CMS and ASP.NET web forms with expertise in CSS, JS and jquery too.
I have very good problem solving abilities.
I am interested in developing code with C# and documentation too. Please guide on where to start and what feature/issue I need to look into.

Thanks,
Viswa
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Sounds like WYSIWYG could be something for you to do maybe, or a HTML editor?
Developer
Apr 15, 2013 at 9:13 PM
I would love to do a WYSIWYG editor. Can you point me where to start?
I downloaded the solution and tried to run it but it throws an exception

System.NotSupportedException was unhandled
Message=ReadOnly controls collection
Source=ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit
StackTrace:
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.KryptonReadOnlyControls.Add(Control value)
   at Ocular.frmDocument.InitializeComponent() in D:\Visu\Ocular\Ocular\Ocular\frmDocument.Designer.cs:line 447

Any idea what this issue might be? Just wanted to look into how far the coding has been done.
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2013 at 7:29 AM
You downloaded it straight from the repo with no edits?
Developer
Apr 16, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Yes I downloaded it as a zip, extracted and straightaway run the solution. I haven't made any edits.
Developer
Apr 16, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Let me check again downloading everything from scratch. Thanks
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2013 at 5:26 PM
If you're still experiencing problems, just tell me here, I'll see what could be wrong.